View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 09:16 PM   #252
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson
Default RSDU Selects...

Well, llama took the guy I wanted, which was KG. I was in love with his leadership, his 20/10 stats, and his many 1st-Team All Defense appearances, like 6 or 7 I believe. Maybe 8. But I digress.

Right now, I've got Shaq at Center, and a back court of Drexler and King James. It's time for PF and SF. As much as I want some defense, I just couldn't pass up a SF like Adrian Dantley.

What makes Dantley stand out? His 24.3 PPG, 5.7 RPG, and 3.0 APG are all wonderful. He even had 30+ PPG for four straight seasons. But the amazing thing to me is that he shot .540 for his career, ranking him at a tie for 18 on the all time field goal percentage leaders.

18, you might think isn't anything special. But sometimes, as they say, numbers lie. I highly reccomend you guys check out the list of all-time best FG%. Guys like Shaq, Barkley, hell even Eddy Curry is higher than Dantley. The point? The point is, every player ahead of Dantley is a PF or C, guys who make their livings off dunks, shots in the lane, rebounding and put backs. Hell, even the guy tied at 18 with Dantley is Wilt Chamberlain. I don't want to turn this into a footstepsfrom#27 mini novel, but the point is summed up with this, from NBA.com:

"On the court, the athletic Dantley was as smooth an outside shooter as could be, a force on the inside with an explosive first step, and a master of psychology."

Can't beat his accuracy and efficiency, especially outside of the paint on the perimeter. The lost art of the mid-range jumper.

7:17 PM MST, Runnin' & Gunnin' takes SF Adrian Dantley.

Runnin' & Gunnin'
PG - LeBron James
SG - Clyde Drexler
SF - Adrian Dantley
PF -
C - Shaquille O'Neal
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote