OK, I usually go old school in my picks, but this guy's ability to put the biscuit in the basket is too great too ignore. If you project his stats out over a whole career the hall of fame is a given.
Those Cheap Bastards select:
Gilbert Arenas, SG/PG, Washington Wizards
Over his six year career:
42% FG shooting
36% 3 pt shooting
81 % FT
6 assits per game
3 turnovers per game
2 steals per game
23 pts per game, with an average of 27.8 PPG in the past three years.
* 3-time NBA All-Star: 2005, 2006, 2007
* 3-time All-NBA:
* Second Team: 2007
* Third Team: 2005, 2006
* NBA Most Improved Player Award: 2003
* 2003 All-Star Rookie/Sophomore Game MVP: 2003
* NBA All-Rookie First Team: 2002
* NBA regular-season leader, minutes played: 2006 (3,384)
* Holds Washington Wizards franchise record for most three-point field goals made, all-time with 734 (as of the 2006-07 NBA season).
* NBA Player of the Month for the month of December 2006. Averaged a league-high 34.1 points per game during December.
* NBA 3 time Player of the Week 06-07 season.
* Holds Washington Wizards franchise record for most points in a game (60 against the Los Angeles Lakers).
* Career high scoring 60 points on December 17, 2006 vs. the Los Angeles Lakers (breaking Earl Monroe's franchise record of 56 on February 13, 1968).
* Career 50+ point games (regular season): 3
* Career 40+ point games (regular season): 26 (25 with Washington)
* Career triple-doubles (regular season): 3
* Career 40+ point games (Playoffs): 1
* Most points (46) in 30 or fewer full minutes of playing time, since the implementation of the 24 second shot clock. Set on February 25, 2006 vs. the New York Knicks.
* Most points (16) in one overtime period. Set on December 17, 2006 against the Los Angeles Lake