Old 06-16-2007, 02:56 AM   #1551
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange View Post
I'm not exactly what you'd call a big Quenneville fan, but I'd much rather he be in charge of my favorite team than Keenan. I'm not just talking about a lack of playoff success, Keenan has a sub .500 regular season record in that timeframe as well.

13 years of poor results is anything but "recent." Especially when you're talking about a whopping two playoff appearances in that time frame.
He made some bad choices going to bad teams. Vancouver, Boston, Florida all rebuilding projects etc. It was his decision to go to those places and thats on him. However going to Calgary is not in a rebuilding process. They are a capable team that needs work on their lineup.
Quote:
[/i]

I never said Calgary was bad, but they're not the elite team you're portraying them to be. Their trip to the Finals was three years ago and they've been trending downward since. Coaching may be one of the issues that's caused it, but Mike Keenan is one of the last people I'd think they'd want leading their team since his antiquated style and abrasive personality have made him a failure in his last four jobs.

I'm curious to see how the hyper-sensitive Alex Tanguay takes to Keenan's rough style. He didn't respond well to the tough love of Bob Hartley at all when he was here.
I'm not saying their elite but they have the main pieces you need for an elite hockey team. They have one of the top Goalies in the league, top scorer, Very good young defensman. They need to get better support around those guys. I am not trying to make Keenan to be one of the top Coaches in the NHL all-time or anything like that, I just think this is actually a good fit for him unlike the jobs he was on.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote