View Single Post
Old 06-16-2007, 01:02 AM   #1545
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champbailey View Post
I disagree, Keenan can be a good coach when put in the right situation. He led the Flyers to the Cup finals in 87' and took the Chicago Blackhawks to the 92' Finals. He made some stupid moves when he was with the Blues, Vancouver, Boston. I think the Flames have the pieces to be successful and "Iron Mike" should have the pieces he needs. I think the player that will benefit the most is Phaneuf, a young kid with a wild style that needs to be straightened out.
Since he won his one and only Stanley Cup in 1994, he's led the myriad of teams he's coached to a grand total of 2 playoff appearances and neither of those went further than the 2nd round. I don't care what he did 20, 15 or 13 years ago, he's been a miserable failure everywhere he's been for over a decade.

What the Flames have are two superstars (Iginla & Kipper) who will be UFA's one year from now. With Keenan's penchant for alienating players and playing musical goaltenders, Sutter had better be very conscious of what's going on between his coach and his top players, as they might be reluctant to re-sign if Keenan's going to be there for the forseeable future.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote