View Single Post
Old 05-26-2007, 08:42 PM   #1414
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori View Post
If it goes through, I don't think the Predators stand a chance of staying in Nashville. It's a shame that some of the local businesses in the area have offered little support to the team. They have a good fan base, but little corporate support. Whether the team ends up north of the border, it wouldn't shock me. I'd rather see a team in The Peg or back in Quebec City then another one in Ontario.

I'm hoping for the best for Nashville fans.
ok so the hockey hotbed of california can have 3 teams but we cant have 3 in ontario ? I can see how drawing from a population of 800,000 would be better then drawing from a population of almost 8 million would be better, im giving a range of 50 miles or so on this. The only downside i see to another ontario team is that the sabres would pretty well be finished.

Altho honestly, if the nhl put half the effort into saving the team in winnipeg as it did saving the penguins there would still be a team there. I can only imagine how happy the people in philly are, not only do they get to pay the penguins salaries thanks to revenue sharing, but now they get to pay for a new arena with there taxes too.
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote