View Single Post
Old 04-23-2007, 04:23 PM   #114
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Shad, I hate to tell you .... but bowling is not an aerobic exercise.

Actually, I feel lucky that I am minus -10 pounds now (310). I must be doing something right because I haven't stuck to the diet all that well, but I've lost 3 pounds in the last 2+ weeks anyway. I thought that because recently I had a meat loaf dinner, and some other fairly big dinners (once about 3/4 of a grocery-store roasted chicken), that I must be losing ground. But I guess not.

Sassy ... I bought a bag of flaxseeds and also some 100% bran - not cereal, but the oatmeal-y powder-ish stuff on the baking aisle. So now my smoothies have:

1. 1% milk
2. one-sixth of a standard carton of nonfat yogurt (vanilla)
3. 1 banana
4. 1 fruit of the day (frozen strawberries blueberries raspberries or peaches)
5. 2-3 tbsp Wheat germ
6. 2-3 tbsp flaxseed
7. 2-3 tbsp pure bran
8. sometimes an egg
9. I'm thinking tufu might work ... it sounds gross, but it's not really. It would prolly be a better thickener than yogurt.

The smoothies are really good (although I have to add two Sweet-n-Low packets to the blueberry one). I am managing to get through most of the day on just one of these plus coffee - at least until mid-afternoon. I've also quit fast food altogether ... that has to be good (before this diet, I could almost say in my sleep: "4 tacos and a Jumbo Jack with cheese")
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote