Old 04-14-2007, 06:36 PM   #59
smalltowngrll
Orange

Blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
dortoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
I haven't done anything DRASTIC, but I have cut out French fries from my diet. Hopefully, that will lead to less fast food. French fries are always offered as a combo in those places, so I hope this is the catalyst to changing my eating habits. I've also reduced my intake of pop, which can ALSO be found at the aforementioned fast food places. Slowly, I'm making a dietary change that will last a lifetime. That's how people should do it. Old habits die hard, but weaning off them gradually is the way to go. Then, you don't miss them. I'm Catholic, so I gave up pizza for Lent one year. Now, I only eat pizza once in a blue moon. I need to exercise more often. Maybe I'll do it now that the weather is getting better...

Nice! Yep, I found that changing one habit at a time was the easiest. Not just giving something up, but replacing it with something else. I gave up eating red meat for about 4 years and it was probably the best thing I could have ever done. Now, I only eat red meat a couple times a month. mostly it's chicken or vegetables. I get a craving for a good burger every now and again! I also gave up pop for several years, but I replaced it with iced tea...no sweetner added. Love it. I still have a soda every once in awhile, but it's rare.
smalltowngrll is offline   Reply With Quote