View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 07:30 PM   #1191
Jens1893
Ring of Famer

I had been toying with the idea of going to a hockey game for a while and I finally did so tonight. I had been to a few hockey games before, but never in an arena where you can actually see something. Copy and paste from another forum, where I asked for adivce on where to sit. Decided to sit in the upper tier behind the goal, last row.

Quote:
Excellent advice, Wispy. Just got back from the game and the seats were pretty good. We were a little ****ed when the action was at the other end and behind the goal on our side, but overall it was an excellent experience to watch a hockey game in a state-of-the-art building where you can actually see whatīs happening. Itīs a little hard to follow the puck when you donīt focus sometimes, but itīs really interesting to watch it from behind the goal. Hockey definitely is a sport that has to be watched in person and thatīs not very TV friendly.

Game was pretty good also. Game 1 of the Finals .... Mannheim, who havenīt lost a playoff game yet this season, v Nuremberg ... Mannheim really wasnīt able to convert its PP chances into goals in the first and Nuremberg scored on one of their three shots in the first period ... 1-0 after 1 ... Mannheim equalised on the PP shortly before the end of the second and scored the go ahead goal and what looked like the certain game winner 3 and a half minutes before the end, but Nuremberg managed to equalise on a 6 on 4 with 6 seconds left to take the game to OT, where Mannheim managed to win with 5 and a half minutes to go on a 3 on 3. The Nuremberg goalie, Jean Francois Labbe, was **** hot and ended the game with 54 saves.

I definitely think I will be back if I can get tickets for a possible all deciding Game 5 or next season.

Shots per period

Adler Mannheim 19 10 11 17 57
Sinupret Ice Tigers 3 9 11 5 28
Jens1893 is offline   Reply With Quote