View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 06:30 PM   #1191
Ring of Famer

I had been toying with the idea of going to a hockey game for a while and I finally did so tonight. I had been to a few hockey games before, but never in an arena where you can actually see something. Copy and paste from another forum, where I asked for adivce on where to sit. Decided to sit in the upper tier behind the goal, last row.

Excellent advice, Wispy. Just got back from the game and the seats were pretty good. We were a little ****ed when the action was at the other end and behind the goal on our side, but overall it was an excellent experience to watch a hockey game in a state-of-the-art building where you can actually see whatīs happening. Itīs a little hard to follow the puck when you donīt focus sometimes, but itīs really interesting to watch it from behind the goal. Hockey definitely is a sport that has to be watched in person and thatīs not very TV friendly.

Game was pretty good also. Game 1 of the Finals .... Mannheim, who havenīt lost a playoff game yet this season, v Nuremberg ... Mannheim really wasnīt able to convert its PP chances into goals in the first and Nuremberg scored on one of their three shots in the first period ... 1-0 after 1 ... Mannheim equalised on the PP shortly before the end of the second and scored the go ahead goal and what looked like the certain game winner 3 and a half minutes before the end, but Nuremberg managed to equalise on a 6 on 4 with 6 seconds left to take the game to OT, where Mannheim managed to win with 5 and a half minutes to go on a 3 on 3. The Nuremberg goalie, Jean Francois Labbe, was **** hot and ended the game with 54 saves.

I definitely think I will be back if I can get tickets for a possible all deciding Game 5 or next season.

Shots per period

Adler Mannheim 19 10 11 17 57
Sinupret Ice Tigers 3 9 11 5 28
Jens1893 is offline   Reply With Quote