View Single Post
Old 04-11-2007, 07:15 PM   #535
No1BroncoFan
Old School

If you have to ask, you don't know

I've started something loooooooong overdue. Reading the great American classics. I put "Lord of the Flies" (believe it or not, I've never read it) on hold today. I'm also going to (finally) get around to some Twain (never read any that wasn't assigned in school, and didn't read most of those either) and Hemmingway (nope, never, not even one before now).

Sci-Fi fans, "Ender's Game" and "Ender's Shadow" by Orson Scott Card are MUST READ books! I have rarely been as entertained by any medium as I was with these. There are eight books in the "Ender" series (really two series of four books each with "Game" and "Shadow" being the first of each and you won't miss anything relavent to the story if you skip the ones in between), but these are definately the best of the bunch. For those of you who have read them, "Ender's Game" is coming to the big screen in '08 and I can hardly freakin' wait! Card has combined the two books ("Shadow" is a re-telling of "Game" from another character's perspective) to create yet a third version of this awesome tale.

Ben

Last edited by No1BroncoFan; 04-11-2007 at 07:27 PM..
No1BroncoFan is offline   Reply With Quote