Old 03-20-2007, 11:50 PM   #40
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryllama View Post
Well, Hulkobronconia, Dirk wasnt making any excuses in that quote. He was talking candidly (as always) with reporters about how players are human just like anyone else and how all great players are nervous too. Dirk doesnt waste time putting up a tough guy facade. He's tough on the floor.

I think it's really kind of funny that fans live in this alternate universe where there favorite players have to lie to them to make them feel like they are good.

Mikki Moore talks as tough as anyone. He should be an all-star by now.
You think you can talk about the heart of an NBA player, and your mancrush Dirk thinks he can speak for "all great players".

un. ****ing. believable.

First off, until I see you rollin out of Melo's crib arm and arm, your rediculous quaffs about character go right out the window.

Secondly.
Umm...if you'll look closely at the quotes posted so helpfully at the beginning of this thread, you'll see that ALL GREAT PLAYERS don't get nervous. The REAL great players get crazy, and do crazy things like make clutch shots.

You're absolutely correct, Dirk is NOT making excuses, he's just letting everyone know that he chokes under pressure. Definitely an easy out when he clanks that next gamewinner as the buzzer sounds.

"it's okay dirk. I knew it was gonna happen. You TOLD me it could happen. You get tense under pressure, and damn those teamates for giving you the chance to prove your MVP like skills. "

As for Dirk being tough on the floor, you keep your bedroom antics behind closed doors.
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote