View Single Post
Old 03-05-2007, 02:42 AM   #98
Bronco LB 59
Ring of Famer

Keep your head up dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Question for you guys. Im in a 8 team h2h keeper league and Im the only one not keeping a 1st basemen. I traded Justin M for A-Rod and I had Jeter on my roster for a keeper already. My problem is the top guys out there will be Giambi, Helton, Thome, and Konerko. I believe Giambi finished with the most points out of that group in our league but I don't really want that many Yankee's on my team. I have the second overall pick and I'm pretty sure that I'm going to land Mauer. That makes my lineup look like this:

C- Mauer
SS-Jeter
3rd-A-Rod
OF-Manny
OF-Dunn
OF-Hunter

I know that I need to replace Hunter and Dunn scares me. When would you guys think I should go after a 1st basemen? 5th round 6th round or sooner? I'm hoping to land my 2nd basemen in the second round. Thoughts?
Why are you keeping Hunter?

You don't need to take a 1B immediately. If everybody is keeping a 1B, their values will fall because managers typically don't like filling up their utitlity slot when they have up-the-middle holes. Giambi and Thome have mileage-health related issues, let them fall to you another round. Get Helton at a bargain after his past two seasons. Konerko is a good pick there, but it also depends on who else is available. You can always settle for Prince Fielder four rounds later, too.

Second base is a thin position, should be addressed early but which ones are being kept?
Bronco LB 59 is offline   Reply With Quote