View Single Post
Old 02-17-2007, 04:22 PM   #41
Bronco LB 59
Ring of Famer

Keep your head up dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
I personally don't expect too much from Lester, even though he's started throwing already. He struggled with command last year and just took a big blow to his conditioning due to cancer treatments. I think he'll start the season off in Pawtucket working himself back into competitive shape and refining his control, with him moving to Fenway mid-season if someone has gotten hurt or if Papelbon is needed in the 'pen.
I agree. The Red Sox would be also wise to send Craig Hansen back to Pawtucket. He didn't dominate at the Triple-A level last year, his command was subpar the entire season and he had difficulty establishing his slider.

How do you think Piniero will fare? He's always been an Ace type talent, but poor mechanics and arm woes doomed him in Seattle. He did pitch better during a 2nd half reassignment to the bullpen. He lowered his arm angle getting more sink on his fastball and his vital ratios improved. Do you think he will break camp as the closer? The Red Sox couldn't possibly go more than a month with Timlin at this point in his career.
Bronco LB 59 is offline   Reply With Quote