View Single Post
Old 01-10-2007, 05:32 PM   #35
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default Forsberg expected back in lineup

VOORHEES, N.J. (AP) -Philadelphia Flyers captain Peter Forsberg is expected back in the lineup Thursday against the Montreal Canadiens.

Forsberg, who missed four games with a groin injury, skated in practice Wednesday and announced he's ready to go.

"Everything's fine," he said. "And hopefully I'll be in the lineup for a while."

Forsberg has spent the last few days trying, again, to perfect a skate boot for his troublesome right ankle, which was surgically repaired last May. The 33-year-old Swede has said he believes problems with his skate caused the groin injury.

Doctors at Temple University have been working with him, experimenting with different orthotics to try to get a proper fit.

"Is it a hundred percent? No, it's not a hundred percent," said Forsberg, who has missed 16 games and parts of three others this season. "But I have to play. My hope is that it will get to one hundred percent."

The Flyers, 0-13-3 without Forsberg, just completed the worst half-season in franchise history.

Coach John Stevens said the team plays better with Forsberg in the lineup.

"Everything changes when he is in. It's a ripple effect through your lineup. Every line gets stronger," Stevens said. "When you're playing teams like Montreal, which has some depth, he goes a long way toward us figuring out the matchups we want to use."
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote