View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 12:22 AM   #5
Bronco LB 59
Ring of Famer

Keep your head up dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendejo View Post
I'm glad to see it. A week or so ago there was an article in a New York paper that said the Madres were at the top of the list. According to the article the Madres were offering Linebrink and a prospect or two for Johnson.

It was a horrible sounding deal from the San Diego perspective.
The Padres are light years away from Murderers Row, so I thought it was actually a good idea to shoot for the Big Unit. Other than LF or C, there really isn't a position where they can improve their offense right now. They already have a pretty damn good staff, I thought why not try to compile the best pitching from rotation to bullpen in baseball then. Put a team on the field that beats you in crunch time with 1-0, 2-1 pitching duels. What's wrong with being baseball's version of the 2000 Ravens. I may be in the minority, but I didn't think it was a bad idea.

On the flip side, Big Unit is a POS person so I am not really upset about not landing him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendejo
Hey LB_52...I think it was during the winter meetings that I read that the Madres had been in talks with the Reds for a deal including Adam Dunn, and Linebrink. What would you give up for Dunn? He'd be a defensive liability in PetCo, but legit power hitters have no problem leaving the yard there. Cameron's range in center helps too.
I don't know who the Reds wanted, but Sandy Alderson said last night on 1090 the Padres were still open minded about completing a trade for Dunn. For years now, Dunn has been a target of rumors so it's hard for me to get too excited when the Reds haven't pulled the trigger on numerous occasions. The Padres have such a weak farm system that it's hard to imagine they would finally budge unless San Diego sent them an established big league guy with some value. Another rumored name I have heard that I like is Pat Burrell.
Bronco LB 59 is offline   Reply With Quote