View Single Post
Old 12-18-2006, 06:01 PM   #25
rubaiyat
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf754life View Post
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2701228

Carmelo got his today, and rightfully so! You don't sucker punch and then run away into the lockeroom like he did.

15 games, 10 for JR.

"I was very disappointed," Stern said. "Clearly, we're not getting through or players in certain circumstances just don't want to be restrained. I would suggest that those players will not have long careers in the NBA."

Wheres Gonzo to defend this? He will probably call me a racist for bringing this up.

Scott and Al at 1 should be interesting on 950

www.950thefan.com

they have live streaming.

When my kid grows up I want him to be just like Carmelo

And how is this any different from what happens at a hockey match or baseball game?

I actually find the singling out of basketball players to honestly be tinged in racism consciously or not.

When two hockey players throw down the crowd is cheering them on. Heaven forbid two or more highly competitive basketball players tussle on a much lower level (when's the last time you saw a punch that drew blood in the NBA)??

Maybe people get a bit more uppity about a bench clearing baseball tussle..but no one wrings their hands about the children when Clemens shaves someone's head with a fastball. Heck, it's an unwritten rule to bean an opponent if your player gets hit.
rubaiyat is offline   Reply With Quote