View Single Post
Old 12-12-2006, 10:19 PM   #118
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoLays View Post
See, I don't think so. You can compare Iverson's body type and wear and tear to WRs in the NFL. Guys like Keenan McCardell, Rod Smith, Jerry Rice and James Lofton were great, great players at age 35. No one can say with a straight face that Iverson has taken more pounding going into the lane in the NBA than Rod Smith has going over the middle in the NFL. ANd you know WR's rely on speed (somewhat) to get open.

Allen Iverson is one of the greatest athletes of our generation. No one can really dispute that. I think he is money for the next six seasons. He is only 31 years old. I see no reason for a drop off. If Jason Kidd can put down 38 pts, 14 rebounds and 13 assists like he did against Phoenix the other night as a 34 year old coming off microfracture surgery, I see no reason why Iverson still cannot dominate well into his mid 30's.
I tend to agree with this. I don't know how much money he would demand when he re-ups in 2 or 3 years, but I think he'll be good. If guys like Sam Cassell can start in this league currently, I think AI could. How old is Sam, anyways? He's gotta be like 35. At least 33, I would imagine. He played on those Rocket championship teams like 10 years ago.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote