View Single Post
Old 12-12-2006, 10:25 PM   #79
rubaiyat
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets4 View Post
The insider that posts on a few Nugs boards and has nailed every deal that has gone down this summer for the Nugs is now posting a whopper. Nugs are in this thing and in a big way. We're working a three team deal that would send both of our first round picks this year (ours & Dallas') along with three players to Philly to recieve AI and another player (possibly Ollie). The kicker? None of those three players are currently starters -- which means JR Smith and Miller aren't going anywhere in that deal.

Ric Bucher was on ESPNNews and said the Nugs and Indiana are the frontrunners for AI. He said our package is mainly based on Nene.

Not sure how to feel about this one...

Are those two related? Or is the Nene thing something else?

You'd think the 76er's would be leery of taking on big men with balky knees, and bad contracts. Though Nene at least has a ligament not cartilage damage, and he's 24.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApaOps5 View Post
If we can keep J.R. and get AI and lose Nene and his contract I would be a happy happy fan.

Point of clarification I wasn't trumping for Najera to stay as he is just a role player. I just don't see sending all 3 away when we have lost Chump Martin for the year and try to use a running system. If we can keep Eddie I am all for sending Nene or vice versa. Not getting my hopes up though as this could all blow up last minute like it has before.
Yeah, but that's why I kinda don't want to lose Nene...Camby WILL go down. We need someone to be a Center. I wouldn't have minded Elson honestly.

Last edited by rubaiyat; 12-12-2006 at 10:30 PM..
rubaiyat is offline   Reply With Quote