View Single Post
Old 12-12-2006, 10:23 PM   #77
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets4 View Post
The insider that posts on a few Nugs boards and has nailed every deal that has gone down this summer for the Nugs is now posting a whopper. Nugs are in this thing and in a big way. We're working a three team deal that would send both of our first round picks this year (ours & Dallas') along with three players to Philly to recieve AI and another player (possibly Ollie). The kicker? None of those three players are currently starters -- which means JR Smith and Miller aren't going anywhere in that deal.

Ric Bucher was on ESPNNews and said the Nugs and Indiana are the frontrunners for AI. He said our package is mainly based on Nene.

Not sure how to feel about this one...
As a huge AI fan, anything outside of Carmelo that lands us AI, I'd be pretty stoked for. I mean, I'll have his jersey on day 1. I love the way he plays.

But, I'd be ind of unhappy to see Nene go. I know his contract is huge for somebody who has not done anything in this league, but I think he has a lot of potential to be good. The other night when Camby got tossed, Nene played pretty well I think. I liken Nene to Cutler, in that he's not there yet, but you see little bits and pieces of things to come. I've seen Nene make some great inside moves, and I love his size and strength. Again, his contract was insane, but he could actually pan out.

But if we can get AI here and not give up any starters, that would be pretty cool. The lineup (I assume) would be

Andre
AI
Melo
Najera
Camby

Or if AI was to play point, we could start JR at 2.

That would be pretty damn cool. I'd be making a lot more trips up to Denver to "see the girlfriend" aka see the Nuggs.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote