24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange View Post
You're missing the point.

The Rockies, with all of their "Gen-R" bull****, have trying to sell the fans on the idea that they're building from within. The fans accepted this and have dealt with the bad to mediocre times that have come with it. Now that some of the homegrown talent is blossoming at the major league level, they're peddling them off for more prospects because they don't want to pay them. What do you think will happen if any of these kids they got in this deal turn out to be legit major leaguers? They'll turn around and deal them for more prospects to avoid having to pay them either, thus becoming nothing more than a farm team for the teams who do care about winning while sitting back and collecting fat revenue sharing checks from MLB.

It's a business to the Monforts, nothing more. Winning is not even a consideration to these people, turning a profit is. So long as they can draw 20,000 paid per night and collect welfare from the league, they have no need to put a winning product on the field. They're lining their pockets at the expense of a fanbase who've been plenty patient with them already.

I can't wait to see the spin piece from Tracy Ringolsby in which he tells us how this is such a great deal and how trading Jennings was absolutely necessary.

The Monforts are a ****ing joke.
Just trying to put a positive spin on it...but I say the rockies might as well start loading up the farm system like everyone else in the NL West is pretty much doing. Your not going to compete with the likes of the D-backs, Dodgers, and maybe the Padres for awhile because of their farm systems are loaded with talent. Giants are really going to fall back on hard times real soon. As far as the Ownership/Management goes for the Rockies goes maybe your right but the 70 million dollar self imposed cap is not going to compete against anyone in a FA period, which is why the farm system is the way to go. Going cheap is not necessarily a bad thing though, just look at the Marlins. If I was the Rockies I would trade Helton for some prospects. This trade is good for the Rockies Clock-

Quote:
"I wouldn't have traded Hirsh for Jennings straight up," one executive said
Hirsh could be a real good Ace in the future, something Jennings wouldn't have been. Jennings is a solid pitcher but not a great pitcher to cry about.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote