View Single Post
Old 11-29-2006, 03:31 PM   #24
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

November 29) - The Philadelphia Flyers announced that they have signed 6’3”, 230-pound right wing Mike Knuble to a two-year contract extension, according to General Manager Paul Holmgren. Per club policy, financial terms were not disclosed.

“We are extremely excited,” said Holmgren in making the announcement. “We are happy with Mike's play since he joined us. We think that he's got more to give to us in the future. He is not only a good player, he's a good person and a guy that we want in our organization moving forward."

“We (my family and I) are very happy,” said Knuble. “My wife and I love the area. The people that we deal with in the organization have been great. I love my teammates and I've had a blast playing here. Even with what has gone on this season, my family and I decided that we wanted to stay here. Paul (Holmgren) approached us about giving us a chance to stay for another two years after this year. It's great and everything that I could have hoped for.

"Whenever you have a deal in front of you and you can sign for a couple of years, of course, you feel more secure. It (the contract extension) allows us to do some things in life and kind of takes me through my mid-30s. I feel that I have a lot of hockey left. I really didn’t start playing a lot until I was 30, so I feel that I have a lot of years left in me. Hopefully, I will stay even longer than that."

Knuble, 34, has recorded seven goals and eight assists for 15 points and 18 penalty minutes in 18 games for the Flyers this season. In two seasons with the Flyers (2005-06 and 2006-07), Knuble has registered 41 goals and 39 assists for 80 points and 98 penalty minutes in 100 regular season games.

Last season, Knuble registered 34 goals and 31 assists for 65 points and 80 penalty minutes in 82 games for the Flyers. His goals, assists and points totals for the season were all new career highs. He was first on the team in power play goals (13) and shooting percentage (15.7% - 34 goals on 217 shots), was second on the team in goals (34) and plus/minus (+25) and was third on the team in points (65). He was the only player to play in all 82 games for the Flyers last season.

Over parts of 10 NHL seasons with the Detroit Red Wings, New York Rangers, Boston Bruins and the Flyers (1996-97 to 2006-07), Knuble has registered 142 goals and 146 assists for 288 points and 322 penalty minutes in 610 regular season games. He signed as a free agent by the Flyers on July 3, 2004.

Knuble was originally drafted by Detroit in the fourth round (76th overall) of the 1991 NHL Entry Draft.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

http://www.philadelphiaflyers.com/pr...chive/2871.asp
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote