Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default MacT fined ten grand.

The league is a joke...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=182937&hubname=nhl

With just four seconds left to play in the game, Ales Hemsky looked like he had scored on Dallas goalie Marty Turco but referee Mick McGeough called the goal off. He had blown the whistle a heartbeat before on the face-off, convinced that Shawn Horcoff had made a glove pass off the draw.

"It was a retarded call," MacTavish snapped after the game. "There is no other explanation for it. I know he is a veteran official and at times I have found his antics humorous. But if this is the product of that there is a problem.

"It was a ridiculous call. I had no idea what he had called. Nobody saw the hand pass on the play because quite clearly there wasn't one. It's beyond reason.
Related Info

* Stars edge Oilers after 'blown call'
* Oilers send Mikhnov to AHL's Penguins

"He should be suspended."

"The NHL acknowledges the fact that referee Mick McGeough made the wrong call on a play late in the game, which he later admitted to the media following the game," said NHL Senior Executive Vice President and Director of Hockey Operations Colin Campbell in a statement.

"While the NHL regrets the missed call, Craig MacTavish's comments after the game regarding the call were totally inappropriate and crossed the line."

Atlanta Thrashers head coach Bob Hartley, was also assessed a gross misconduct and fined $10,000 for verbal abuse of the officials at the conclusion of Friday night's game against Washington.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote