View Single Post
Old 11-03-2006, 10:50 AM   #19
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets4 View Post
My post from another board on the game:

I hope Steve Javie burns in hell for eternity.

First off, let me claim that Melo under the new rules deserved to be kicked out. Not sure what he did for the first technical, but he got two, so he's gone. One thing that needs to be pointed out is that Melo's ritual is to throw his headband like that when he's leaving the court. He obviously needs to stop that, but whatever, it's done. All of that said, HOW THE @#%$ DID SAM CASSELL NOT GET T'D UP FOR b****ING TO THE REFS FOR OVER 20 SECONDS AT THE END OF THE GAME?!? Good lord! If any of the Nugs would have done that, Javie would have had them executed. Why was there not a foul on Tim Thomas when he "set a pick" on Andre Miller that knocked Dre a good 5 feet back? I realize there are going to be games that go the Nugs way with officiating, but these new reffing rules are going to take some getting used to. A little consistency would be nice.
That's exactly the problem I have with it. I like the crackdown on this stuff, what I don't like is that it's subjective and being left in up to the most inconsistant referees in all of professional sports. Carmelo got ejected, that's fine, the rules are the rules. But I'm still wondering why Sam Cassell gets to have a tantrum, complete with arm waving and foot stomping, right in the referee's face and he doesn't so much as get a technical for it.

I'm waiting for a game in which the unholy trinity (Crawford, Palmer, Javie) are all together. It'll be like Billy Crystal from Forget Paris. They'll throw everyone out including the guy who puts the cheese on the nachos.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote