View Single Post
Old 10-22-2006, 07:34 PM   #271
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori View Post
I'm not disagreeing that Theodore is medicore, but he is only part of the problem. I totally put the Chicago game on Jose, but the game last night was a total team melt down.

What does he being French Canadian have to do with anything? They didn't have an issue shipping Tanguay's ass out of town.
Just a reference to them having a love for mediocre/washed up/worthless French Candian players since the lockout ended (Lappy was signed before the lockout, he doesn't count). Tanguay doesn't fall into any of those categories.

My reasoning is that I expected the Avs defense to be average, at best, this season. There's no big name, big money guys amongst them and there's a reason for that. Theodore is a big name, big money goaltender who is supposed to be a difference maker. Unfortunately, he's played a lot more like Phil Sauve than Patrick Roy.

It also goes back to the fact that I never wanted him here in the first place. His salary is an anchor around this team's neck and his performance hasn't done anything to change my opinion of that.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote