View Single Post
Old 10-22-2006, 06:31 PM   #269
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori View Post
So we are going to blame Theodore and ignore the horrendous defense? Theodore is what he is...an overpaid average goaltender. But lets not make him out to be the only goat. And Brisebois was probably the Avs best defenseman last night. What does that tell you about the rest of the group? I'm so tired of the goaltender being the only one getting the blame when the defense has been the problem with this team since the new CBA. The organization was foolish enough to believe that just swapping the goaltenders was enough when they have been ignoring the real weekness.
Does it really matter? I watched the Avalanche play a solid defensive game against Chicago and Theodore responded by giving up 4 soft goals and subsequently the game. He's inconsistant, overrated, overpaid and in no way an upgrade over Aebischer, who was basically thrown under the bus by Quenneville and Lacroix. But hey, he speaks french, so I guess that counts for something with this organization.

So yeah, I'm gonna b**** about him a little bit.

There are defensive issues with this team, we knew that coming in. A goaltender making over $5 million per season is supposed to be able to cover up for some of those deficiencies. That's what the real elite goaltenders can do. Theodore isn't an elite goaltender, he's just paid like one.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote