View Single Post
Old 10-04-2006, 03:16 AM   #25
Bronco LB 59
Ring of Famer

Keep your head up dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendejo View Post
Bochy favors veterans...we all know that. Wells was their "name" acquisition this year, so I'm not surprised that they decided to go with him. I think the Madres are counting on Wells living up to his rep as a big game pitcher.

It won't matter who they put up on the hill though...unless they can figure out a way to score runs when they have men in scoring position with one or nobody out. They had a lot of chances to get back in the game today, and they couldn't do it.
It's unfortunate. I don't like the fact Bochy and Towers are putting all their money on Wells. He moaned and b****ed his way out of Boston and got his way to play back in his hometown. He doesn't have anything to lose since he's going to retire happily with two rings. Why put the entire season on him? They worked too hard to get here. Chris Young got the team here, send him out there.

I'm glad Carpenter is out of the way. He's a tough one to beat. With Jeff Weaver and Jeff Suppan scheduled next, there will be no more excuses.
Bronco LB 59 is offline   Reply With Quote