Old 10-03-2006, 09:11 PM   #1922
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
BTW, Hogan--what do think of the new Yo La Tengo? I think it's definately their best album since I Can Hear the Heart Beating as One. I could do with shorter versions of those three long, spacey jams, but otherwise they knocked this one out of the park. "I Should Have Known Better" is the highlight for me.
It's great and you're very correct about it being their best effort since Beating. Personally, I was about to write the band off...I mean And Then Nothing Turned Itself... was okay and had some pretty cool moments...but the soft techno thing really isn't much my style. I hate Jad Fair, so you can guess what I thought about the collaboration with him and Summer Sun was IMHO, a disaster of marshmellow-like proportions...I tried to like it, but it just didn't take to me at all....it's really the only YLT album (by the band themselves) that I cannot stand.

So, as you can imagine, I'm thrilled with I'm Not Afraid Of You......what a return to form after nearly ten years. What a statement...they still have it and now they've returned to being what they once were...one of America's best alternative acts as well as one of the best kept musical secrets the USA has to offer.
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote