Old 09-30-2006, 09:33 PM   #1913
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
This is the first Radio Birdman record I've heard. I picked it up off the strength of Dave Fricke's review in Rolling Stone. I love it. Has a cool surf-punk sound. I love the double guitar attack backed by the keys. Very cool stuff. My favorite tracks so far are "Remorseless" and "Die Like April", though there really is no misstep on the album. I will definately seek out their older material in the very near future.
I always liked Radios Appear but I thought a little too much was made out of it. Don't get me wrong, it's a good album, but it's spotty and it doesn't hold a candle to the early albums by The Saints (their main Aussie competition at the time). When it's on, it's great ("Aloha Steve & Danno") and when it's bad....it really sucks ("Man With The Golden Helmet").....there's a couple of Stooges and 13th Floor Elevators covers on it as well. It sounds as if they've improved in the material dept. given what you say..then again..it has taken them about 30 years to finally follow up Radios Appear, so they should have.
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote