Old 09-29-2006, 09:38 AM   #5
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
OK... Month and a half.

But I'm excited. Just found out that I'm probably going up to Denver to see the girlfriend on the same weekend of the Nuggets' home opener against the Pups.

I'm excited for the Nuggets this year, I gotta tell you guys. I'm not going to say we're going to break out this year or anything, but I truly believe we have improved this off-season, and could potentially make it out of the first round of the playoffs.
I'm luke-warm on the Nuggets' chances to make it out of the first round. I'm really disappointed that they still have a giant hole at shooting guard. Sure, Smith may break out, who knows, but I'm skeptical. I would have gone nuts if they could have landed Magette, and I even would have been happy if they added Wells (dude just signed a 2 year, $5 mill contract? WTF? What a freaking bargain and a movable deal at that) because he would have been an upgrade.

Also, I think K-Mart still being on the team is going to become a major issue as the season wears on. Maybe he's healthy now, puts up 17 and 10, and the Nuggets roll, but I doubt it. The riff between him and King George is still an issue, but I'm more disappointed that they weren't able to upgrade the team by moving him (and getting rid of that contract).

They'll win the division, but it looks like they are again banking on Carmelo to take another leap (from star to super-duper star) in order to improve significantly. I'm not sure if he can do that with this cast around him, but they HAVE to get home court in the first round to advance. And with the rule change that will be even more difficult this year than last.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote