View Single Post
Old 09-15-2006, 09:34 AM   #386
No1BroncoFan
Old School

If you have to ask, you don't know

Well, I finished the Wells omnibus. Wow. The guy was definately ahead of his time. Bit of a tough read though. He may have written in english, but anyone who thinks english of over 100 years ago is the same as today is kidding themselves. Also, "scientific romances" aren't my normal fare. Still, the stories were great and definately worth a read.

As much as I hate to admit it, the latest film version of "The War of the Worlds" follows the original story closer than any other version I've seen. Some of the particulars are wrong and Cruise's character is totally off base, but it's still very close.

I picked up some new ones (and one old one) at the library. I'm currently re-reading "Jumper" by Steven Gould, which I've mentioned before. I forgot just how good a read this one is. It kept me up until 4:00 am. He's written a sequal called "Reflex" that I'm anxious to get into. I also got "Limit of Vision" by Linda Nagata and a very well know classic of sci-fi, "2001: A Space Odyssey" by Arthur C. Clarke. I really need to get some Jules Verne.

Ben
No1BroncoFan is offline   Reply With Quote