View Single Post
Old 09-06-2006, 12:03 AM   #497
Killericon
Front 7, Please

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

Killericon is happy to perfect his checking line with Tie Domi.

Tie Domi was born on November 1, 1969 in Windsor, Ontario. Growing up, his favourite hockey player was Dave "Tiger" Williams. Tie played his major junior hockey with the Peterborough Petes of the Ontario Hockey League (OHL). The Toronto Maple Leafs drafted him the 2nd round, 27th overall in the 1988 NHL entry draft. After playing a season with the Newmarket Saints of the American Hockey League, Domi got his first taste of the NHL in 1990 and played in 2 games for the Maple Leafs. He was then traded along with with Mark Laforest to the New-York Rangers for Greg Johnston. He spent a couple of seasons in the Rangers organization, establishing himself as an NHL enforcer. In December 1992 he was traded to the Winnipeg Jets with Kris King for Ed Olczyk. Domi was a fan favourite in Winnipeg, never hesitant to take on fighters much bigger than him.

In 1995 he was sent back to the team that drafted him. The Jets traded him to the Maple Leafs for Mike Eastwood and a draft pick. Tie now became the fan favouite in Toronto, providing much needed protection for skilled players like Doug Gilmour and Mats Sundin. The 5"10 left winger has tangled with several heavyweights including Bob Probert, Mike Peluso, Sandy McCarthy, Rob Ray, Georges Laraque, Gino Odjick and Andre Roy. His stay in Toronto has also included several incidents that have landed Domi in some hot water. His elbow to the head of Scott Niedermayer in a playoff series with the New Jersey Devils and his altercation with a Philadelphia Flyers while in the penalty box lead to suspensions. After the recent lock out, Domi was a free agent and was wooed by several teams including the Pittsburgh Penguins. He has instead decided to stay with the Toronto Maple Leafs for the couple of years. Tie Domi currently sits 3rd all time in career NHL penalty minutes with 3406. Domi's NHL career has likely come to an end as he was bought out by the Leafs in the summer of 2006.

Can't pick Tie Domi without posting this pick:

Calgary Blackhawks Starting Roster.

1st Scoring Line:

LW - Paul Kariya
C - Denis Savard
RW - Cam Neely

2nd Scoring Line:

LW - Lanny McDonald
C - Joe Nieuwendyk
RW - Dino Ciccarelli

3rd Scoring Line:

LW - Dany Heatley
C - Daryl Sittler
RW - Theo Fleury

Checking Line:

LW - Tiger Williams
C - Eric Lindros
RW - Tie Domi

Defensive Pair 1:

D - Paul Coffey
D - Rob Blake

Defensive Pair 2:

D - Raymond Bourque
D - Earl Siebert

Defensive Pair 3:

D - Doug Wilson
D -

Goalies:

1 - Tony Esposito
2 -

Head Coach -

Captain - Raymond Bourque
Alternate - Paul Kariya
Alternate - Paul Coffey
Alternate - Cam Neely

Now, I need someone to do me a favour. Please, someone pick Brian Fellows. I would pick him if it weren't for the fact that I needed a Checking line RW. Plus, I tossed a coin. Domi was heads, and I got the Queen.

Last edited by Killericon; 09-13-2006 at 02:52 PM..
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote