Bench

OF - Vernon Wells
IF - Carlos Delgado
IF- Mark McGuire
OF - Hideki Matsui
C - Roger Bresnahan
LHP - Tommy John
IF - Troy Glaus

My philosophy coming into this draft was to get the meanest batting order humanly possible. I know my pitching is sub par, and my defense is flat out weak, but even if you ignore the cheaters(McGuire never broke the rules[I know it was cheating, shut up], it wasn't illegal at the time, and this isn't a popularity contest), I think my hitting is one of the strongest coming out of the draft, and I know I'll lead in Home Runs. Took JCM's advice, Oh replaces McGuire as the DH. I am very proud of that pick...

Yes, I'm a Blue Jays homer. It's horrific, but I know the Jays best, and I'd rather make a bad pick than an uninformed one. If I had known Joe Carter hit the game winning home run for my boys in 93, I would've taken him. You have no idea how tempting it was to take Jason Bay.
Also, Oh is a great pick. You should be proud. If he was taken at value he would have gone in the third round or so. Wish I would have thought of it. But he is too low in your order! I would definetly put him 5th and move Grace to ninth. Additionaly, Piazza needs to be third the Aaron batting cleanup.
JCMElway is offline   Reply With Quote