View Single Post
Old 08-06-2006, 10:28 PM   #260
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

With the next pick in the draft, I select F Peter Stastny ( Nordiques, Devils, Blues ).

Quote:
After Wayne Gretzky, Peter Stastny was the most prolific scorer in the NHL in the 1980s, and the terrific backup he had in Quebec included his brothers Anton and Marian

Peter Stastny got 39 goals in his first season in the NHL and registered 70 assists. This was a record among rookies until the arrival of another European, Finn Teemu Selanne. A year later Stastny registered the most points overall on the team with 139. Peter Stastny, along with Michel Goulet, who topped the list in 1983-84 and again in 1986-87, took over the top scoring positions with Quebec at the time. But Peter clearly reigned as the best passer. In third place behind these two greats during this era was Peter Stastny's younger brother, Anton.

Peter Stastny, representing the Quebec Nordiques, took part in six All-Star games. Near the end of his career, he played for the New Jersey Devils and then the St. Louis Blues. He also suited up for his native Slovakia at the 1994 Lillehammer Olympics and the 1995 Pool B World Championships.
Plus he was a Nord for most of his career, and I'm following as much of a homer trend here as I can.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote