View Single Post
Old 08-05-2006, 07:19 PM   #234
Killericon
Front 7, Please

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breck Bronc
Considering the Flames have had one good playoff run in the past 16 years it's not out of the ordinary for the fans to go crazy like they did in 2004.

It's not unique for a team to bring in video boards for an away game and sell out the arena when they're in a championship series. The Avalanche did this in 1996 and many other teams have, too.

I was in the Saddledome and the streets of Calgary when the Flames clinched the 2006 Northwest Division vs. the Avalanche. I was impressed by the fans, but I wouldn't say they can't be beat. I've lived in Denver for the 1997 & 1998 Bronco Super Bowl runs and the 1996 & 2001 Avalanche Stanley Cup wins, as well as South Florida during the Marlins' amazing 2003 World Series run; every city that wins a major championship goes pretty crazy for their team. The Red Mile in '04 was cool, for sure, but saying Flames fans can't be beat is being naive.
Well, fine, kill my thunder.

Not as if I have much experience in the matter, anyways. I am 16, you know. In any case, my use of the qualifier 'man' was'nt in reference to the person I was speaking to, so the correction was unneeded.
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote