View Single Post
Old 08-04-2006, 10:41 AM   #215
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoLays
Was it just me, or did Carlos Arroyo look like the best player on the court last night? I was dumbfounded by his ability. It was basically Carlos Arroyo and a bunch scrubs versus an NBA All-Star team and he more than held his own.

I was pleasantly surprised by him. If he played in a run and gun system like the Phoenix Suns, he would easily be considered one of the best PG's in the league. When he played for the Pistons, he looked like trash because their offensive system is trash. Walk the ball up court, stop, pass it to the wing, and then go stand in the corner. Not his game to say the least.
Dude, even though we won by 30-some points last night, it absolutely amazes me that guys like Arroyo and Daniel Santiago can really play well in international play but can't play in the NBA. Santiago played some NBA ball but now only plays in Spain or something, and Arroyo only averaged 5.5 points last year. Yet somehow, they come to play in international play. It's odd.

Anyways, I don't think it's realistic to expect 40 point blowouts every game, but we shouldn't lose. Didn't like the 2nd quarter last night, but we got the job done. Go USA.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote