View Single Post
Old 07-23-2006, 01:44 AM   #100
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU
I think Carmelo will make the squad. Everything being said is great, and Coach K has said he likes his game. Plus I think there is going to be a focus on the young guys, so they can form a nucleus to stay together for years.

Now, as for this whole "all business" thing, I'm skeptical. Now everybody knows that I don't care what these guys do off-the court, or field, or ice, or whatever. As long as it doesn't affect their play, these guys can do whatever thye want.

But, with that said, I was listening to this local radio show in Denver that comes on right after Jim Rome on 950 AM... It's two guys, one is a Nuggets guy and one is a former Bronco... the names escape me. Anyways, the point that the nuggets guy made was, if this is supposed to be all business, why go to Vegas? Why not the Springs which has an olympic training grounds? Why go to a place where the guys are going to want to get laid, party, etc the whole time? Why go to a place with temptation 24 hours a day?

Like I said, I don't care what these guys do off the court. Wanna go to a club? Fine. Hell I've seen Mike Anderson, during the season, downtown on a thursday night smoking a cigarette, which can't be good for a running back.

But with that said, I'm not going to buy this "we're all business" thing until I see the final cut and see them play. I totally see the guy's point. Vegas is trouble.
Maybe having it in Vegas is a test of sorts to see who's really committed and who isn't. Maybe they want to see how these guys are going to operate amidst distractions. Maybe they want to see who's going to party late into the night and then stumble in to practice and who is going to stay focused, get a good night's sleep and be ready to go when practice starts.

Just an idea, but it wouldn't surprise me if that was the thinking behind it.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote