Old 07-10-2006, 01:27 PM   #181
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John
I'm not going to single out people one way or the other.

But to comment on your question, the complaints that I get, almost always the root of the issue is with unecessary vulgarity.

If you go to a park with your family and someone is being beligerent, vulgar, and generally disruptive, people step up to that person and let them know that their behaviour is out of line. Usually that works, but sometimes things escalate and it's necessary to call the cops. But if the people don't take measures against the beligerents, eventually the park turns into a haven for the beligerent.

The bottom line is, I believe that this community has the potential to function without the need for moderators, but instead by internal social interactions. Respect being one of the primary social factors.
TJ,

Note i wasn't asking for people's names. I just want to know if those that complain about vulgarity, are the ones that enable such?

I for one, know i can be very vulgar and probably have had complaints issued to you about my..... poetic use of words to attack various institutions/groups/etc.

I try to keep away from individuals, but again - equivalent exchange.

Just as those christians that may see that i don't really attack their religion any more so than they push on mine. Not to mention - i believe i've stood up for the 'right to believe in anything' - just as long as individuals mind the fact that my intellectual headspace is mine. No matter the reality they live in, i do not share the same.

But this goes for any and all - What you BELIEVE isn't real to someone else. I know it's so hard to understand. Don't PUSH, if you don't want to be PUSHED.

Last edited by alkemical; 07-10-2006 at 01:31 PM..
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote