Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27
What a bunch of Bunk.

I can't believe we're even having this discussion.

Most of the online sports boards I've seen on the web have a section where people play rough. One of the dumbest things going is the board...I can't remember which one...maybe Miami's finheaven.com?...where if you say the slightest thing against the party line...you're banned. It's a joke.

Political mudslinging and downright viciousness are an American tradition that goes all the way back to the founding fathers. It's part of our political heritage to verbally beat the crap out of each other and then decide things with a ballot rather than a gun. And besides...the internet's adopted a code of behavior all it's own. Calling somebody a fool, jerk, nitwit, a******, moron, scumbag, sh**head, or b**ch in the real world will usually get you popped in the nose. Online manners are a bit different. When you post on these boards you should EXPECT to get called names and abused. It's part and parcel of the internet culture. If we ban somebody everytime a personal attack is used pretty soon you'll either have nobody left in here or this place will be just another haven for pansies and whiners.

People just need to get a little thicker skin if they're going to post in here and quit wimpering like a bunch of little girl scouts everytime somebody bloodies your nose. The best defense against personal attacks is to know your facts and be able to articulate them in a way that shuts your opponents mouths and makes them flee back to the main board or risk looking stupid.
Bunk indeed.

I thought this Board was trying to be much more than just an online community, as the tailgates attest to. The Boards' rules are pretty clear to me.....to suggest that certain forums or individuals should be above them subverts them and renders them meaningless as a whole. It reduces the Mane to being just another board for internet tough guys....a total cliche.

Whatever....I'm beyond the "internet badass" thing..in fact, I find it to be rather childish, but I also understand that it's some people's form of "release"..so there you go. If the forum goes anarchist and the rules are selective, then fine by me......I'll roll with whatever happens but taking forum rules seriously? That will be a stretch and a half if this goes down like it apparently is.
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote