View Single Post
Old 07-02-2006, 08:40 PM   #5017
Killericon
Front 7, Please

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori
I've liked Leopold since he was a Gopher, but I'm also realistic in regards to next season. The Avs defense will consist of:

Leopold
Liles
Brisebois
Sauer
Skrastins
Clark
Vaananen

Not exactly earth shattering. I am looking forward to 07-08, when all the dead weight (bonuses plus Brisebois, Turgeon, May) will be off the books; that will open up 8 million dollars of cap space. The Avs only have Hejduk, Skrastins, Clark, Theodore, Wolski, and I believe Richardson on the books for 07-08. That will also be the year in which we start seeing some players from these last few drafts emerge. I really think Paul Stastny will be a member of the Avalanche in 07-08.

While I'm not giving up on 06-07, I also know that this team has many more question marks then last year. This organization has made many mistakes since this new cap system has been implemented. Barring any further mistakes, they'll be able to rebound come 07-08.
Leopold was one of the Flames' top two defenders during our cup run....It's not as bad as you think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tredici
BTW - Jori, just to let you know your updates have been much appreciated. Thanks for the good work.
Agreed. I'm not even checking any other news source...I go straight here.

Last edited by Killericon; 07-02-2006 at 08:49 PM..
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote