View Single Post
Old 06-21-2006, 03:05 PM   #1444
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Here's the article.

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_3960682

With NBA free agency set to begin a week from Saturday, the Nuggets are gearing up for talks, even without a replacement for former general manager Kiki Vandeweghe on board. However, their most important contract talks will be with a player not due on the market for another year - small forward Carmelo Anthony.

Calvin Andrews, Anthony's agent, reiterated his desire for a quick negotiation. Anthony appears to be a good candidate for a maximum contract extension, which could be signed in July.

"Our plan is to hopefully have someone to talk to, even if it's (owner) Stan (Kroenke), on July 1, and move to get something done," Andrews said Tuesday. "I know there's no GM in place, but somebody should be. We'll deal with that somebody. There's enough conversation to know that's what everybody wants to do. That's what everybody wants to get hammered out."
-------------

This seems like a slam dunk, though I have this feeling gnawing at me that the Nuggets will find a way to **** things up. Prove me wrong, please, prove me wrong.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote