View Single Post
Old 06-20-2006, 10:31 PM   #4501
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tredici
My guess is there will be plenty of players who loathe him for this move. It's supposed to be about getting the biggest piece of pie and screw those who just end up getting a crumb or two.

Just when you think there is no one stand up left in sports, No Ordinary Joe comes through. Sad thing is he'll be second guessed and probably ridiculed for being unselfish. Such is the ME ME ME world we live in.
This isn't the first time that Sakic has taken a bit less than his market value to stay in Colorado. The last time his contract came up (under the old, free wheeling spending CBA) he was coming off of a 54 goal, Hart & Pearson season in which he led the playoffs in scoring and the Avs to the Stanley Cup. He re-upped with the Avs for $9.5 million per season when he could have easily got somewhere from $11-$12 million per season on the open market.

From what I've read it appears that Niklas Lidstrom isn't exactly planning on giving Detroit the home town discount. Word is that he's looking for a raise from the $7 million he earned last year.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote