Old 06-19-2006, 12:36 PM   #1302
GonzoLays
Five Tool Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
#3 DJ

MELTDOWN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angryb****ingllama
I have been completely disillusioned by this series. I feel like the idiot who took the bait and got hooked. I dont know if I'll be able to stomach another year of this stuff. From the beginning, the league has marketed their superstar players in the finals. All of the media has concerned Wade and Shaq, with the Jordan comparisons flying wildly about. Then the ref gaffes begin...

One or two missed calls is not a big deal...you go on and you play through them. But continued imbalance and inconsistencies have added up over the course of the series to mount to something that shows me I'm an idiot for buying a ticket to an NBA game. The series opener saw Shaq elbow Nowitzki in the face when the two were alone under the basket. an elbow above the shoulders is an ejectable, suspendable offense. To make matters worse, Shaq elbows Stackhouse in the face later in the same game and opens a gash on his nose that requires three stitches to close. The league didnt address either instance. O'Neal has been allowed to throw players around in the lane using his hands and elbows throughout the entire series and has not been called for blocking fouls when sticking his arms out into shooters without making an attempt to block the shot. Later in the series, Udonis Haslem laid a hard blow across Terry's face while Terry dunked the ball. He knocked Terry off balance in the air, and Terry crashed onto his back. This play is no different than the one that Stackhouse hit Joe Johnson with in the playoffs last season. This is now a suspendable offense. Needless to say, neither O'Neal or Haslem were fined or suspended.

There is a double standard when the league addresses illegal play, and there is a double standard when whistling fouls on the floor. Miami has been allowed to hand check and slap at nowitzki for the run of the series, while a breath on Dwyane Wade is called a foul. The worst example of which was the final series of plays in game 5, where Dirk is mugged (fouled by O'Neal) while still hitting the shot with 9.1 left on the clock, and on the other end Wade throws up a shot between 3 players, and is given a "benefit of the doubt" whistle where Craword pegs Nowitzki with a foul, when Nowitzki was clearly playing good defense. The double standard is obvious. This was just one sequence where it was evident. Dwyane Wade shot more free throws than the entire Mavs team.

This series has been officiated with the benefit clearly and blatantly in the favor of the Miami Heat and their star players. The NBA is a joke. Bogus. Bunk. Fixed. A fraud.

They are in the business of selling product. Is it any wonder that the team that they are promoting so heavily is the one on the receiving end of the officiating? They are in the business of controlling consumers, in maintaining revenue, in selling shoes, in selling jerseys to kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryBandwagonllama
It wouldnt matter if Howard made those free throws or not. Wade would have gotten to the line no matter how many times he shot the ball. Dirk made the shot that should have won the game. Wade countered it by bricking an ill advised low percentage shot among three players and was given an anticipation whistle.

What's much easier is for you to continue to ignore something that is as obvious as daylight in front of your face for the sake of continuing a jealousy-based grudge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngrySuicidalLlama
The NBA is a joke. Have fun with your misplaced trust in the innocence of sport.
Meltdown! I thought this team was the "worst team Dallas has faced in the playoffs."

GonzoLays is offline   Reply With Quote