View Single Post
Old 05-28-2006, 10:52 PM   #4206
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breck Bronc
We're also one Carolina win away from ESPN's wet dream -- an Edmonton vs. Carolina Stanley Cup Final. I can already hear the jokes being prepared for Around the Horn, PTI and Sportscenter. Maybe Page 2 will send out Bomani Jones to write another article about hockey like this piece of garbage:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...e=jones/060526
Let me say this as gently as I can, f*** ESPN and everyone associated with them. It's funny how the network agenda is and has been stuck on the defense, adulation and verbal fellatio of a cheater, fraud and overall miserable human being in B*rry B*nds, yet hockey is worthy of nothing more than a smug, snide column like this? Just par for the course with what ESPN has become a ridiculous hype machine full of shills and clowns falling over themselves trying to come up with their latest catchphrase.

Look no further than the fact that the one on air "hockey analyst" (and I'm using that term very loosely) they employ is well known village idiot Barry Melrose. That says it all right there.

Regardless of what ESPN would have you believe, the game and the NHL is in better shape than it has been in a long time. The on ice product is more fun than it's been since the pre-trap days, the salary cap will help promote parity (which we're seeing already), revenues are up and the teams who are going to be participating in the Finals are going to be two speedy teams that play hard and have earned the trip. Of course ESPN is one of the leading promoters of, "If it doesn't happen in a major market on one of the coasts, it doesn't matter" so it's no surprise that a Carolina/Edmonton Finals would be met with disdain from them.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote