View Single Post
Old 05-18-2006, 04:59 PM   #417
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU
Yeah, I didn't see a punch or anything. This is real odd. No T's given out, they didn't say anything on the broadcast.

This is a phantom suspension.

But I will use it to fuel my NBA conspiracy theory. They suspend Jason Terry for a punch nobody saw. Even the AP article says "The punch likely occurred either when..." meaning even they don't know when it happened.

Yet in round 1, Kwame throws an elbow on purpose and puts his crotch in a Suns' player's face, with no suspension. Stern loves his big market Lakers! Fight the Man! Viva la resistance!
I won't go so far as to say it didn't happen, Finley sure reacted as if something happened. I'll wait until I get a chance to see replays of it later on, I'm sure they'll show something on Sportscenter.

I imagine that whatever happened occured when players were on the floor going for the ball and it obviously went undetected by the officials (hell, Reggie Evans squeezing Chris Kaman's bag went completely unnoticed by the officials too). Finley's teammates calmed him down because the last thing they could afford was having him pick up a technical in the final seconds of a 1 point game. After the game, he probably told the Spurs coaching staff about it and they likely sent a tape to the league.

Again, I haven't seen it so I have no idea how bad it really was or wasn't.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote