View Single Post
Old 05-16-2006, 09:40 AM   #244
ro_50
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoLays
Can you believe that bull**** call on Bowen last night? Dirk had HIS ARM into Bowen, pushing him to the basket and they call the foul on the defender? That is absolute lunacy. And to make that call with under 10 seconds left in the game is unbelievable. It looks like all the yapping by Cuban has finally got to the refs and they are now afraid of "not calling" a call that could go either way and in Bowens case the was a clear offensive foul and the bumbling, barely speaka eenngalish Nowitzki.

Even with the officials clearly on the Mavs side, I still see the Spurs winning this series. All they have to do is win game 6 in Dallas. Which, as you guys have seen, they are very capable of. It is a forgone conclusion that Spurs are going to pound the Mavs in Game 5 in San Antonio. The Mavs can't beat the Spurs in a game 7 in San Antonio.
I have an friend who I have met in the sports world. He's a college referee, does SEC games. He saw the game last night. He emailed today and told me, "I dont think in 15 years of officiating I've seen controversial calls like that in the final minutes of the past two games."

And he's not even an Spurs fan, in fact, he's a Rockets fan.
ro_50 is offline   Reply With Quote