View Single Post
Old 05-01-2006, 02:25 PM   #3233
Mtbrncofn
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori
After San Jose finished off Nashville tonight, it's between them, Detroit and the Ducks.

If Detroit comes back to beat Edmoton, the Avs face the Wings. If Edmonton beats Detroit and Calgary beats Anaheim, the Avs face San Jose. If Edmonton beats Detroit and Anaheim beats Calgary, the Avs face the Ducks.

San Jose scares the crap out of me and I'm not talking about Thornton, Bernier and Cheechoo are beasts. Toskala is another stud out of the San Jose goaltending factory (wanna bet Nabokov is in another uniform next year....hello Tampa Bay!). San Jose's speed is killer. I think the only weakness is that there is some inexperience on their blueline. For the Avs to matchup...Tanguay needs to get his head out of his arse...the Avs need some production from the second line because you know teams will focus on the *new* JAM line (Joe/ Andrew/ Milan).

Best matchup for Colorado....the Ducks. I have a lot of respect for Anaheim, but nothing would be better then sticking it to that POS Dr. Brian Burke.

Worst matchup? Detroit. No need to explain further.
I agree, I'd like the Ducks too. I still have nightmares concerning the last series we played against the Sharks. I want no part of that.

Gotta get my kudos in for Jose as well.....he was freakin awesome out there to put it mildly. My 9 year old daughter is taking after her mom when it comes to hockey. She was almost as excited as I was when they won.

Oh, and I must also add...that Jim Dowd signing is looking better and better every game. I had to retrain myself to say the MIGHTY Jim Dowd instead of referring to him as Jim Dud.
Mtbrncofn is offline   Reply With Quote