View Single Post
Old 04-24-2006, 01:58 PM   #2660
Breck Bronc
Roland Deschain

The Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybroncosnut
No biggie Sass. I looked right passed the comment. I don't get bent over personal attacks on a message board. If it got something off of Tred's chest, that's a good thing for her. She's more then welcome to vent just like I vented.
The thing that cracks me up is these so called hockey fans are sitting here saying they would feel it was a clean hit if it happened to Sakic. Nothing can be further from the truth. I'm trying to make the point that that particular hit (lowering the shoulder into a players jaw) should be banned. That's the major beef. Somehow, if it doesn't happen to an Av's player, it falls on deaf ears. They claim it's RJ's fault for "having his head down". They don't realize that RJ was doing what every player in the NHL does 10 times a game. he was looking back for the pass. He didn't have his head down, rather, he looked behind him for the pass.

Thanks for having my back (for Tred's comments), but, I never thought twice about the comments. I actually chuckled.
It's ironic because Sakic was hit with a dirty check from behind on Saturday courtesy of Niklas Hagman.

And not just Avalanche fans say the hit was clean. Everyone, including other Flyers fans (and even Umberger himself), feels that Cambell's hit was brutal but within the rules.

Once again, Dimitrakos is most at fault for giving his teammate a suicide pass when he had ample time to skate the puck out of the zone himself.
Breck Bronc is offline   Reply With Quote