Old 04-03-2006, 05:41 PM   #89
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringStein
The encouraging thing is this is the kind of game they lost last year. The pitching was good throughout. The questions of whether this will last are there, of course, but it's a slight encouragement.
Having only followed the game on ESPN Gamecase, I'd say the encouraging things are:

1) Jason Jennings performance. I thought this was interesting from Tracy Ringolsby's column today: "(Jennings) 49 big-league wins are the ninth most of any National League pitcher since Jennings made his debut Aug. 23, 2001, just one less than Randy John- son."

What kind of season does he have if he can get some momentum in April?

Plus, Jennings threw 98 pitches, 62 for strikes.

2) The bullpen pitched 4 innings and gave up no earned runs. It's what they are supposed to do. Let's hope they keep it up.

2b) Brian Fuentes - 4 batters, 3 strikeouts, 17 pitches, 14 strikes. Nice.

3) Todd Helton making up for an error (haven't seen the play) with a HUGE RBI double.

I really, really want them to push .500 this year. They seem to have solid prospects lined up to hit the majors late this year and next year. With the youth they already have playing in Denver, they could be in for a solid run. But they have to improved every year.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote