View Single Post
Old 03-30-2006, 11:47 AM   #35
ro_50
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco LB 52
The American League Central is going to be exciting with the Pale Hose, Cleveland and Minnesota. Detroit won't be a pushover, either.

How long do you think Aaron Boone will stick at the hot corner before the Indians call up Andy Marte?

Do you think C.C. Sabathia is due for his breakout season?
Andy Marte really impressed in spring training, he got his weight up from 190 to 210 and hit the ball well.

It depends, if Boone gets off to an anemic start like he did last year, GM Mark Shapiro may feel its time to bring Marte up from Buffalo.

I like Boone but to many times last year, him, Ben Broussard and Casey Blake were just awful with runners in scoring position and with their lack of production.

If the Tribe struggle out of the gate, which has happened the past two years, they may feel inclined to bring up Marte to try and jump start the offense.

I think Boone is here this year and unless he has an unbelievable year, Marte will take over in 2007.

C.C. struggled in spring this year but he's been solid the past two seasons, but this has to be the year he moves in to the upper-echleon.

Personally, I think Clff Lee is a better pitcher than C.C., even though I like this century's version of Sid Fernandez.
ro_50 is offline   Reply With Quote