The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   OrangeMane.com Podcast (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Orange Mane Podcast - Episode 1 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=99311)

Taco John 08-10-2011 01:33 AM

Orange Mane Podcast - Episode 1
 
Download Episode 1 - OrangeMane Weekly Podcast

This is going to be a regular thing that we're starting this season. I discuss the show format in the podcast, but basically it's designed to put a spotlight on the pulse of the die hard fan. Regular guests will be Kaylore, Montrose, and SoCalBronco - my show pillars. These are the guys who are going to help keep this thing going. Not everyone will be able to make it every single week, but that's where the rest of the community comes in.

I want to highlight the opinions of the community members that we have here in the show. This means, potentially anyone here who is interested could get a shot to be on. If you're interested in being in the pool of guests, send me an email at editor @ orangemane dot com, and I'll keep you in the rolodex of potential guests. Make sure you tell me your username. That's a must.

Without further adieu, here is the first episode:
Download Episode 1 - OrangeMane Weekly Podcast


Show Notes:

Elway era begins.
-Thoughts as we move into it.
-Xanders
-John Fox

Elway/Fox/Xanders first draft:
-Question: what does the Denver Broncos draft tell you about the direction and philosophy of the new age Broncos?

Off Season Moves - Cuts and additions:
-Signed, released, traded, acquired, notable injuries, returning from injury

First Broncos Depth Chart Released
-Review position by position

Quarterback Controversy
-Tebow vs. Kyle Orton

Preseason Game 1 - What are you looking for?

Shannon Sharpe in the HOF

Last words and shout-outs

Download Episode 1 - OrangeMane Weekly Podcast

Taco John 08-10-2011 01:34 AM

I need work as a host, but man did the guests nail it. Kaylore and Montrose were excellent!

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun 08-10-2011 01:35 AM

AWESOME, With a side of SALSA!!!

Houshyamama 08-10-2011 01:42 AM

Wait, I thought Kaylore was a girl.

Mind. Blown.

08-10-2011 01:46 AM

Hells to the yeah

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun 08-10-2011 01:48 AM

OK. Do I need to kill a hobo to get on this show?

TDmvp 08-10-2011 02:44 AM

:strong::strong::strong:

Well played T.J.

UberBroncoMan 08-10-2011 03:06 AM

...always wondered why this didn't exist. Awesome to see :)!

KevinJames 08-10-2011 03:20 AM

had trouble downloading it said it was unavailable .... but i finally got it

ill listen and edit with my thoughts, lookin forward to this.

TDmvp 08-10-2011 03:48 AM

No No No take Brian Orakpo ... :spit:

Blueflame 08-10-2011 04:03 AM

Great job, guys... you all had some very good insight.

dsmoot 08-10-2011 04:58 AM

A great addition to Orangemane. One thing that sets any people interactive website are the posters. Two great individuals to start with. Thanks for stepping out with this.

KevinJames 08-10-2011 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John (Post 3248576)
I need work as a host, but man did the guests nail it. Kaylore and Montrose were excellent!

WOW THIS PODCAST WAS A BREATH OF FRESH AIR, ALL OF YOU DID AN AMAZING JOB

Listen guys I really think it cannot be understated how great this podcast was, I really hope its the first of many no one had any hidden agendas, no one held any big grudges against certain players, the analysis was accurate for the most part and fair. Made great points with Knowshon and Ayers, two players who I feel are thrown under the bus too much by Bronco fans.

Very professional, good quality, Montrose and Kaylor are great and Taco John you did a pretty good hosting for your first episode, all 3 of you showed good chemistry on the microphone.

For being a new podcast it didn't seem like it at all, and being 2 hours I never felt like any parts were long or dragged out too much. You guys did an awesome job covering the core of the football team and not just focusing on the much talked about QB position for half the show.

Hats off to all of you I am looking forward to listening to this every time you guys post a new one.:thumbs:

Dukes 08-10-2011 05:39 AM

When will Lex be on?

Rabb 08-10-2011 05:59 AM

sweet

Kaylore 08-10-2011 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dukes (Post 3248640)
When will Lex be on?

:rofl:

It was fun, but I had a cold and it was long. My wife went to bed giving me the evil eye. Next week we'll have SoCal on. :)

Mat'hir Uth Gan 08-10-2011 07:23 AM

Pretty nice job overall.


Thoughts:

1. Content was very good.

2. Too many "uhms, errs, ahhs" from Taco John.

3. Montrose has an excellent radio voice and commentation speed but tended to overtalk Kaylore too often.

4. Kaylore's slow talking compliments Montrose and Taco John's faster voice speed.

5. I thought the three of you were fine. Adding another voice or even more might result in too much of a cluster****.

6. The three of you agree too much and you're too PC and moderate with the opinions. You need an opposite view point. Someone whom hates the John Fox hire and conservative mentality. Someone whom disliked the draft. Someone whom disliked how Free Agency was handled. In short, need more fireworks, less circlejerking.


Overall though, the podcast was pretty good. Much better than I thought it would be when I downloaded it. If you stay status quo, it will be solid. If you want to improve, think about the constructive thoughts I posted above.

Kaylore 08-10-2011 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan (Post 3248694)
Pretty nice job overall.


Thoughts:

1. Content was very good.

2. Too many "uhms, errs, ahhs" from Taco John.

3. Montrose has an excellent radio voice and commentation speed but tended to overtalk Kaylore too often.

4. Kaylore's slow talking compliments Montrose and Taco John's faster voice speed.

5. I thought the three of you were fine. Adding another voice or even more might result in too much of a cluster****.

6. The three of you agree too much and you're too PC and moderate with the opinions. You need an opposite view point. Someone whom hates the John Fox hire and conservative mentality. Someone whom disliked the draft. Someone whom disliked how Free Agency was handled. In short, need more fireworks, less circlejerking.


Overall though, the podcast was pretty good. Much better than I thought it would be when I downloaded it. If you stay status quo, it will be solid. If you want to improve, think about the constructive thoughts I posted above.

That's some really good, helpful feedback.

FYI, my slower talking was probably 30% antihistamines. ;) Since you liked it, I'll try and be medicated every time.

Rabb 08-10-2011 08:01 AM

You going to get this up somewhere that has RSS so it can go on itunes/Zune?

I do a podcast weekly for a site I co-own and we host on podbean.com

it's cheap and easy...just how I like it :approve:

Dagmar 08-10-2011 08:21 AM

Excellent stuff lads.

bfoflcommish 08-10-2011 08:38 AM

I cant wait for the potential award winning episode featuring Jhns and MacGruder.

montrose 08-10-2011 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaylore (Post 3248697)
That's some really good, helpful feedback.

FYI, my slower talking was probably 30% antihistamines. ;) Since you liked it, I'll try and be medicated every time.

lol that'd be epic. I was thinking about the talking over thing - I'm so used to hearing myself in headphones (which I don't hear using skype) it's easy to do so. Should be much crisper next week.

To Mat'hir's point, I want to be careful about trying to "manufactuer debates" because it happens all too often in radio - and specifically to create entertainment value. I don't think Taco intends for this podcast to be something you listen to on the way home looking for a chuckle to some cheap joke but rather an in-depth analysis so while there will certainly be things we disagree upon - I don't want to force it. And when we do disagree, I don't see us getting into an argumentative/typical-radio style shouting match as that's not our personalities. What should make this show unique is that we're giving our honest opinions from a (somewhat) objective view.

Taco John 08-10-2011 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan (Post 3248694)
Pretty nice job overall.


Thoughts:

1. Content was very good.

2. Too many "uhms, errs, ahhs" from Taco John.

3. Montrose has an excellent radio voice and commentation speed but tended to overtalk Kaylore too often.

4. Kaylore's slow talking compliments Montrose and Taco John's faster voice speed.

5. I thought the three of you were fine. Adding another voice or even more might result in too much of a cluster****.

6. The three of you agree too much and you're too PC and moderate with the opinions. You need an opposite view point. Someone whom hates the John Fox hire and conservative mentality. Someone whom disliked the draft. Someone whom disliked how Free Agency was handled. In short, need more fireworks, less circlejerking.


Overall though, the podcast was pretty good. Much better than I thought it would be when I downloaded it. If you stay status quo, it will be solid. If you want to improve, think about the constructive thoughts I posted above.


Great feedback. I need to work on a lot of things. Fixing my "um" problem is one I've wanted to correct for a long time. I'm definitely going to work hard on it. Also, being smoother with transitions... lol

Taco John 08-10-2011 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montrose (Post 3248824)
lol that'd be epic. I was thinking about the talking over thing - I'm so used to hearing myself in headphones (which I don't hear using skype) it's easy to do so. Should be much crisper next week.

To Mat'hir's point, I want to be careful about trying to "manufactuer debates" because it happens all too often in radio - and specifically to create entertainment value. I don't think Taco intends for this podcast to be something you listen to on the way home looking for a chuckle to some cheap joke but rather an in-depth analysis so while there will certainly be things we disagree upon - I don't want to force it. And when we do disagree, I don't see us getting into an argumentative/typical-radio style shouting match as that's not our personalities. What should make this show unique is that we're giving our honest opinions from a (somewhat) objective view.

Exactly. There's any number of places you can listen to guys being argumentative for the sake of being argumentative. I want this show to be honest and really dig into the stuff and try and look at the biggest picture possible. We'll definitely have disagreements. This was just the first show with a new regime. Things are going to happen, and we'll end up looking at them differently.

tsiguy96 08-10-2011 09:11 AM

please do me a favor. ask socal what he thinks about the DJ trade rumors.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.