The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community

The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php)
-   Orange Mane Central Discussion (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What really grinds my gears and other fantastic things... (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=97009)

Archer81 02-16-2011 09:23 PM

What really grinds my gears and other fantastic things...

What annoys you? The things that get your goat, tweak your last nerve, grind your gears? What makes your teeth set on edge faster than anything?

For me, its unrepentant ass kissery combined with general blind ignorance.

Feel free to share.

:Broncos:

theAPAOps5 02-16-2011 09:34 PM

I so thought this was going to go another way!

Dukes 02-16-2011 09:36 PM

People who don't adhere to unwritten (and written) rules of society. For instance, I actually saw a person driving make a right turn at a stop light, drive maybe five yards then flip a ***** and turn right again. All so they didn't have to wait at the stoplight. Because waiting and extra 20 seconds is really going to **** up your day.

Requiem 02-16-2011 09:51 PM

Dumb people. So like 95% of America.

RhymesayersDU 02-16-2011 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by End of Silence (Post 3118200)
People who don't adhere to unwritten (and written) rules of society. For instance, I actually saw a person driving make a right turn at a stop light, drive maybe five yards then flip a ***** and turn right again. All so they didn't have to wait at the stoplight. Because waiting and extra 20 seconds is really going to **** up your day.

Speaking of driving things...

What grinds my gears is this:
People on the road who don't know where they're going or not paying attention, and then holding up traffic.

Example: This jackass is in the right lane, but should be in the left lane to turn. Instead of passing his turn and changing lanes or turning around at the next open/safe possibility, he's going to slow waaaaaay down and/or stop altogether, throw on his blinker, and completely hold up traffic just so he can get into his turn lane, and the rest of the world be damned.

Obviously I cut people with out-of-state plates some slack, but locals who do that get me heated.

Mogulseeker 02-16-2011 10:10 PM

Edit - Sorry didn't realize the video was an auto-start

ghwk 02-16-2011 10:12 PM

Seeing another ridiculous thread started by epicfail whenever I log in.

tsiguy96 02-16-2011 10:30 PM

politics in workplace and job market. people telling me what to do when they have no place in doing so, and even if they do, telling me to do stuff or what i need to be doing, when it has no effect on them or their life.

Los Broncos 02-16-2011 10:37 PM

Stupid drivers, making left hand turns out of the right lane.

Getting off the off the freeway at the last second with no signal.

Hercules Rockefeller 02-16-2011 10:40 PM

People who speed in residential areas.

Dukes 02-16-2011 10:41 PM

Jersey Shore. Beyond being moderately funny on a childish level the show is a complete train wreck. Every other word is bleeped out and the entire show is done basically for shock value. Ridiculous.

underrated29 02-16-2011 10:43 PM

Carnies...

Circus folk. Nomads you know. Small hands, smell like cabbage.

Boobs McGee 02-16-2011 10:44 PM

People that have a stench. Like, don't actually take showers or use deodorant. I'm not talking about the less fortunate souls out there who don't have ACCESS to these kind of amenities, but the people who choose not to use them. Case in point...there's a gas station right next to my apartment on colorado and I 25. Twice a week, there's a tall skinny guy that LITERALLY stinks up the entire building when he's working. There's a palpable rancidness that wafts into your nostrils as soon as the door opens.

W. t. f.

I guess what really grinds my gears is knowing that someone doesn't care enough about their own personal hygiene need to complete basic acts of sanitation.

Wes Mantooth 02-16-2011 10:44 PM

The Broncos sucking as of late.

Wes Mantooth 02-16-2011 10:46 PM

Rush, Boston and REO Speedwagon also chap my hide.

randomtask 02-16-2011 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underrated29 (Post 3118236)
Carnies...

I love that movie.

This goes under the "no ****, sherlock" category.

Los Broncos 02-16-2011 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underrated29 (Post 3118236)
Carnies...

Carnies LOL

02-16-2011 11:17 PM

The song "Like A G6"

That damn song is ****ing stupid. My ****ing roommate had it on repeat 40 straight ****ing times

BlaK-Argentina 02-16-2011 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth (Post 3118240)
The Broncos sucking as of late.

Winner!

02-16-2011 11:22 PM

Oh and when you walk into a restaurant and the waitress/cashier doesn't speak english.

English mother ****er! Do you speak it!?

broncocalijohn 02-16-2011 11:28 PM

This one is easy. Let us start with driving. Aholes who think they need to be back of a car a full car length or more. Need to turn left and get into that turning lane? Good luck since 6 of the 8 cars are ****ing 20 feet from the car in front of them. 2nd, how about those morons who are turning right and you are across from them waiting to turn left. Both of you have the green but you are the yielding green. Those ****heads everyday stop at a green light looking at me. "Hey dumb****! I am waiting for your sorry ass to keep moving! Dont stop!" That is a road rule known since taking your driver's ed class in high school. Probably one of the first to know. Furthermore, is those jackholes that are going straight but decide to wait near the right hand side of the street. Good luck turning right since these numnuts think they own the lane plus the bike lane. Lastly, you ****heads that like to go slow and laugh when I pass them up but they end up right behind me at the light. Little do you ****heads know I got major stress relief passing your sedan going 35 in a 45. Add to the fact I would have made the light if you decided to at least go the posted limit. Also, the posted limit that isnt residential or school zone doesnt mean you cant go past that limit. It is a general speed limit not a maximum. Go at a safe speed and that can be past the posted speed limit.
As for the Mane, anyone who puts down Hillis. Havent said that name in awhile so thought I would throw it out there.

Killericon 02-17-2011 12:02 AM

People chewing with their mouths open.

It sends me into a murderous fury.

Also very annoying is when people talk during movies, especially about the movie, ESPECIALLY if they're asking questions about the movie.

Dexter 02-17-2011 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU (Post 3118211)
Speaking of driving things...

What grinds my gears is this:
People on the road who don't know where they're going or not paying attention, and then holding up traffic.

Example: This jackass is in the right lane, but should be in the left lane to turn. Instead of passing his turn and changing lanes or turning around at the next open/safe possibility, he's going to slow waaaaaay down and/or stop altogether, throw on his blinker, and completely hold up traffic just so he can get into his turn lane, and the rest of the world be damned.

Obviously I cut people with out-of-state plates some slack, but locals who do that get me heated.

I see that you're from Albq NM. I'm in Alamosa, CO and visit a friend down there maybe once a month. New Mexico drivers are generally some of the worst I've ever seen, and scare the crap out of me. My friend who moved there for a job from Utah got hit by a drunk driver the first week he was there.

People on I-25 are nuts. I don't think half the people that change lanes check their blind spot as I've almost been swerved into multiple times. Then once there was a construction zone where the speed limit was somewhere around 45. I was doing 65 in this zone speeding myself only because I was being tailgated BADLY. Two semis passed me and had to have been going at least 75-85 in a 45 mph construction zone.

I personally am from Denver so I also drive up to Denver on a regular basis, so I have experience with highway driving and I thought Colorado Drivers were bad. NM is AWFUL

I wish you and your family SAFE travels. That state is CRAZY

Bronco Boy 02-17-2011 01:28 AM

Umbrellas on windy days. And sandy vaginas.

cutthemdown 02-17-2011 01:30 AM

Marklar marklar and marklar really makes me marklar. markler!